Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Giving Thanks

As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, I thought I would take a moment to say what I am personally thankful for. God has blessed me in more ways than I deserve. I think it is appropriate to take the time to recognize that.

First and foremost, I am thankful for my family. I have a loving wife who supports everything I do without complaint and with encouragement. I have two children who are good kids. I have a mother who faithfully drove me to trumpet lessons every week and a father (now deceased) who encouraged me to follow my musical dreams.

I am thankful for my friends. They have enriched my life beyond measure.

After doing quite a bit of traveling this past year, I realize how thankful I am to live in the United States. We take freedom for granted. We also take our high standard of living for granted. We really have nothing to complain about and everything to be thankful for.

Lastly, I am thankful for my job. I have the pleasure of getting up every morning and doing what I love. How many people can honestly say that? I have the honor of working with good people (staff and board of directors) who work hard to keep the orchestra "on the road". And, of course, I get to conduct a great group of people. Not only are they good musicians, but they are good people. I wouldn't have it any other way.

What are you thankful for? Take a moment and thank God for your blessings.

No comments: